Is your business looking to purchase a large quantity of branded promotional products and/or need to custom manufacture a unique premium item or product to your specifications?
Avoid the risks that can come with using the unproven factories found on China direct websites and work with custom product sourcing and manufacturing experts instead. In the end, you’ll still save cost, time and get peace of mind working with a dedicated team of custom product experts with products sourced only from trusted and reliable factories.
Source an existing product and save cost by importing in volume, or create your own design from the ground up.
The following steps will ensure a successful overseas project:
- For maximum cost savings on large or heavy items or for completely custom made products, it is best to allow 60-120 days until product is required so that ocean freight can be utilized. Ocean freight requires around 30 days for transit time which is why you should try to allow 60-120 days. If time is an issue, air shipping can cut shipping time down to 5-7 days, but may add to the cost.
- Work with a promotional products distributor that has experience with custom manufacturing and importing as well as sufficient product liability insurance ($1,000,000 per occurrence & $2,000,000 aggregate is recommended).
- Request a quote based on your product and timeline needs. It is best to communicate a product budget in advance if you have one. This will help the distributor to best meet your requirements and will also save time.
- Once the project is underway, ensure that you will receive a digital mock up first. Then follow that up with a physical, pre-production sample. If the project is under a time constraint, a photo of the pre-production sample may be sufficient for production approval.
- Once your product has shipped, tracking information should be made available to you (if shipped via air).
- Ensure that you will not be charged with any import duties as this should normally be handled by the distributor.
- Immediately after the product is delivered, inspect the shipment to ensure that you received exactly what you were expecting.
Contact Brand Spirit to learn more or to obtain a quote for your next custom project.